The Shuffle dance
The Shuffle dance started in Melbourne, Australia, in the underground rave scene back in the early 1980s.
Back then, Shuffle dancing was known as the Melbourne Shuffle. With the growth of the electronic dance music scene around the world, Shuffle dance popularity grew and is now practiced by people from around the world at all the major EDM festivals. The dance is very catchy, it is magical to watch and fun to do. To dance music fans, shuffling is more than just having a good time. As with most things EDM-related, it is a form of self expression, an accomplishment, and as some put it “a way to improve their mental and physical health”.
Shuffling to your favorite dance music has several physical health benefits. It is a workout that is both fun and effective. Here are a few ways shuffling benefits your physical health:
– It’s a portable, full-body workout you can do anywhere.
– You can burn between 500-1,500 calories an hour.
– improved hand-eye coordination and reduces clumsiness.
– It tones your legs, calves, and glutes.
– Effective Workout for your abdominal muscles with twists and turns.
– It strengthens joints and ligaments in your legs.